Pages

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Kombucha Excitement!!!




Ok, Today the most wonderful thing happened I got two huge SCOBY's from a lady on our freecycle system here each of them had 1 new scoby growth and the mothers are absolutely huge, too big huge she had said she kept getting vinegar out of hers and from what I read I think this may be why as she didnt seperate them but I am not sure. I have removed 2 baby's and am waiting for my black tea to cool so I can add the really nice one. I am going to show you pictures of these huge things anyone that is familiar with them please feel free to give me some (Nice) advice on this please. thank you and here's to a happy brew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are georgous scobies! I wish I could get mine that big...

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your link on the Kombucha list and came to check out your pics. Your scobys look very hardy and I don't think you should be worried about no bubbles on the first day, and no, it does not have to be completely dark. I just got back to Kombucha after 10 years or so and got a couple small but lovely scobys on ebay (maybe not the suggested method, but I had no idea someone would just GIVE me one, lol!) Anyway, mine are working great and they are nowhere near the size or thickness of yours! I am sure yours will be fine. I enjoyed your blog. We are homeschoolers too, preparing to start our tenth year. All the best to you! :)
Heather in SC