Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

this and that:)

Hi all not much to post right now I am not feeling all that great have a touch of a cold and I think my monthly hormones are flairing up a bit LOL... so today we are unpacking some more and I am going to try and get the homeschool area all organized. We just did a 5th grade math assesment with my son online to see where we were at for what he understands and what we need to work more on and I have to say I am quite pleased for the middle of the 5th grade year he really has a good handle on things and the things we need to work on seem like the harder end of year things. I dont place a lot of weight on these but Oregon does require testing 3rd, 5th, 8th and 10th grade end of these years so I like to make sure we are on our way so to speak:) They test in Math and Language arts...so we will be working on that next. Right now for homeschool we have been a bit lax with the move relying on worksheets and online sites to get us through till we get back on our schedule plus since the curriculum we started with didnt work out then we have kind of found what works for that particular thing that needs to be learned. I am learning too that with homeshool one of the blessings is there is no exact right way or wrong way as long as we are moving forward.. I love homeschooling! No one ever thought I would be a homeschool stay at home mom and I absolutely Love that! God is so great and can change your life so tremendously if we will but let HIM! well I am off take are all and keep growing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Homeschool is the BEST! :-)